• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrappiesNCats

• norwall

• morefishplease

• wanger29

Have not got a chance to get out to the chanel yet did see a perma out already. From what iv heard so far the best time is late at night through the am. any one else had any luck down there yet and what times

Have not got a chance to get out to the chanel yet did see a perma out already. From what iv heard so far the best time is late at night through the am. any one else had any luck down there yet and what times

thats been pretty typical in AL. in the past if they were going to bite it didn't really pay to start fishing them till midnight and fish to 4 or so. a little different on fountain.

will be fishing monday night, but not late so i probably wont catch anything. dad and i will be checking out the channel.

i wanted to fish fountain tues, but according to dad across from the hospital by the new beach its all open, but should be closing up with the cold. dang geese are hampering fishing.

question for norwall or wanger (or whoever) has the crappie/perch class at the channel been worth anything lately? or is everyone after the eyes

Haven't fished there but I've kept in touch with a few buddies that have. They've been gettin' some perch, all in the day. Sounds like strictly late morn-mid afternoon. From what I hear they're mostly little but real fat. I got a friend that kept 8 the other day. So far I've decided to pass because I could imagine there's quite a few shacks out there already? Plus from what I hear it hasn't sounded like I'm missing much.

question for norwall or wanger (or whoever) has the crappie/perch class at the channel been worth anything lately? or is everyone after the eyes

In my opinion from last winter the crappie/perch really weren't of any great size on Albert Lea,especially the perch. It has been a few years since I have got into some nice perch on albert lea lake and that was by big island. I did see a few nice crappies cought on Fountain last winter. I would have to say that most people target walleyes on Albert Lea lake. I'm sure there is nice perch in the lake, wish I could find them because the perch bite that I seen off of big island about ten yrs ago was fantastic.

I have yet 2 be out in awhile as work has my hands tied.But if any1 hears of anything worth noting,please post or if any1 wants 2 get together this winter let me know,Btw channel has been poor ,I wont fish it,but will stop n observe from time 2 time

Has anyone found a hookbox down at the channel? Was over there this weekend and lost a pretty important 10" x 14" jig box. It had my auger nut & bolt & all my rod springs, & some jigs, etc... If anyone ran across this please reply or send me an E-mail at [email protected]

Thank You!

Where can you buy bait in Albert lea this year?

The Holiday gas station on Broadway has bait for the sale.

Thats right. Maynards Bait shop (in holiday gas), and if Maynard isn't there they usualy let you self serve, then pay the guy at the counter.

Anyone been out on Fountain or Albert lea lake? I have not been out on either as all my gear is packed up and leaving for LOTW this weekend. I see a few shacks were being set up today on both lakes.

No, I'm afraid not.

Went down there last night & checked it out. There was 15 times more shacks out there than on Friday. 1 guy was jammin AC/DC & old Kiss preetty loudly, some girls were running around gigglin, shacks were movin in & out constantly, and you could hear an auger about every 20 minutes. Doesn't get any better than this!!!

Oh Yeah, Since when is the boat access public parking? I couldn't believe someone would actually park there. (2 pickups parked on the entirte thing).

Have a little consideration!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any good reports coming from the big lake,Geez i was out n tried everything from plastics to live bait n got zilch.

Any good reports coming from the big lake,Geez i was out n tried everything from plastics to live bait n got zilch.

what hours were you fishin....

The bite in the main channel is dead now.... early this week we were hitting some eyes but its the dead sea once again...

I second that. The last couple of days have been tough. It was pretty tough to keep my eight year old son interested without a bite or two. The previous few days were productive enough to have a meal for my family. I think I'll be trying Fountain next.

Have a couple grand kids that want to catch a walleye tonight. They caught a couple last summer and are pretty excited about tonight. They are almost hooked on fishing for good hopefully but it would great if I could help them get something tonight. We are going to stay out late. Where would be our best bet you think...the channel or the point out on the main lake or somewhere else...email is [email protected]

I too am gonna focas on Fountain.Way less of a circus n I got a report of some nice fish being caught as well this morning.

I fished from 4am to 9am with no action. Time to move on to new waters. Also talked to others in the channel with the same luck.