• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ok guys I am new to this forum thing. I posted a reply under someone elses post looking for help but can't seem to find my post. Anyways, I am new to the Buffalo area and live close to Pulaski and Buffalo lake. I am interested in catching some nice sunfish and crappies. The problem is I don't know where to go. Can anyone give me some help on where to go on these lakes, depth to fish, etc. I will have a gps with me so I can find spots I am sure. Thanks for your help.

Do you know of any good spots? We went out on the North end by 12 today and only caught a perch we were there from about 1 til 4. How deep of water should I be in and how far off the bottom should I go?

I am not exactly sure where any of that is this is my first time on that lake. Can you give me an idea where that is at? Thanks.

go on the mn dnr website. the go to lake finder, then type in "buffalo lake" then wright county. look at the maps and that should help. By the way has any one had any luck out there?

sid0120, Welcome to the forum. On Buffalo start at the northwest access head in a straight line toward the south access. About 300 yds out start checking depths. I look for 18 to 22ft of water. Better depths for Crappies and a few walleyes after Xmas.

Jigginjim,

Thanks for the help I appreciate it alot!! So once I find that depth is it best to just fish a foot or so off the bottom?

If you have a flasher or locator the fish will show you the depth. I start at a foot off the bottom and move from there.

You sure will have the best luck out there around 4 until 8 or 9. Haven't fished much later than that out there, but I bet like many similar lakes, there is a good bite around 12-2 am, and agian before sun up. Did great all december for walleyes out from the North access, in front of the church. Definetly bring wax worms incase they get tight lipped, but small minnows as well. Walleyes worked best for me on a red glow with a fathead (just the head). Good luck.

Shoot me an email and mention your from the Fishing MN forum. I'll get some #'s for you to enter.

[email protected]

You may want to take a look at Clearwater and Cedar lake nearby too. just North of Annandale. Great lakes, but you might want to have a 4-wheeler or sled to get out, cuz you don't want to walk that far out do ya? I mean there's enough ice to walk, but I am out of shape ya know what I mean? I love Sugar too, but I am currently pulling 'em out of there, and kinda all alone, so I can't give too much info on that one....yet. smirk.gif

They have been catching a few Crappies on Cedar- You can get there easiest by going down Hwy 24 to Cty Rd 39. Take the first right onto Ireland Ave-- This goes right onto the lake, you'll see where everybodies fishing. I don't know size or anything, just the rumor I have heard around here.

I also here they are getting bigger crappies in the evening on Francis, south end, near Holiday Beach. Again you will see the City on the Lake.

Thats the only two I've heard of for Crappies.

Sid drop me a email : [email protected]

Hey sid, you mean on buffalo or clearwater? They can be tough to find on Clearwater, but it is usualy worth the work when you do find them. Buffalo..just fish 20-25 fow and be ready at 5:30-6:00. Waxys and the small baits.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out on Buffalo last night caught a few crappies nothing real huge. You guys talk about this cedar lake can you tell me more about it? Is it safe to drive out? I drove on Buffalo last night and was fine just not sure of any other lakes.