Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ron Burgundy

Strikemaster vs Eskimo auger

7 posts in this topic

Opinions or comparisons on the Eskimo Stingray and the Strikemaster Mag 2000? I'm tired of the sore,

stiff shoulders my 8 in strikemaster hand auger gives me!

Sorry, I know there's already a thread for augers but it doesn't touch on the Eskim.

I have an eskimo shark z51, I really like. Starts good, cuts good, and is reasonably light.

I have the mag with a lazer shaft upgrade and my best fishin buddy has the eskimo, they both have the same motors and we have had them,,, well since strikemaster came out with plastic handles, no problems as of yet. We just put a new plug in every year even if it doesnt look like it needs it and we use Amsoil. They just work good and last along time and thats all we need grin.gif but then again we only cut maybe 600-800 holes a year, many people on this site will cut many times that amount, we're just guessing but we think we cut abit more than the average icefisher, The point is we easily expect another several seasons with the way we do things and it's way more fun then hand augering I don't care who says differnt grin.gif

ICE DOG 1-out

I just found and Eskimo Mako w/quantum blades for $229 and free ship. I don't think I can wait for the Mag 2000 on clearance at Wal-Mart. Any thoughts. I feel like jumping on it.

They're fine. I've been using my Eskimo Shark Z43 for 3 years now and it's been fine. Cuts well, starts when I ask it, easy to maintain, problem free. I could have spent more but I wouldn't have goten anything substantially better. I'd rather spend excess money on the business end of ice fishing - rod, reel, line, lures.

StrikeMaster, Minnesota!!!!