Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evinrude19

eagle lake

15 posts in this topic

anybody heading out to eagle lake in maple grove this weekend or has gone out recently ?

i am probaly going out sunday

I went out for a hour or so in the big hole, Lots of small crappie all stacked up. Im going back to try to find bigger crappie

Welcome to the FM family McCrappie.

how many did you end up geting then ? waxies or minnows???

where do you access at?

I used hair jig's with a wax on it, It was fun just need to find the bigger fish. the access i used was the small park on the south/east side in the south bay. ><>

yeah thats where i go off of also i think it is easier there also

went out from the park today and got about 50 crappies really good bite today but nothing over 10" =/ but still fun

Nice fishing, Im still looking for the 8 to 10 inch crappies. Maybe tuesday i can search some more. tongue.gif

i am probaly gonna head out there again wednesday and look for some northerns around the grass island and some 10 inch crappies hopefully

What depth are the crappies at? Thanks

I had a few in 20 to 23 feet

i was fishing about 24ft and they were suspened at about 11 ft to 15 ft

8 inch crappies are pretty good on the dinner table. If thats all thats available. If there are bigger fish, they tend to be under the small ones. so even though it's normal to fish up from the suspended fish, the larger ones..... if available will be under the little ones. Sometimes a larger presentaion keeps the little one away and entices the larger ones.

The lakes looks to have a few in the 9 inch range but not enough to hit em strong.

Tie on some ounce rated line. I think Thorne Brothers sells it; if you can see the stuff, and with a real noodle like rod... a 1/4 pound crappie feels like a pounder.

It's all about the fun of it.

i seen some one the bottom on the vexilar and picked out a couple 8's and 9's but nothing to big