Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
got1

Hyland Lake

7 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on Hyland Lake in the Three Rivers Hyland Park area? Pretty good early spring crappies, but I have never been on the ice there.

I am taking my kids and my dad before he goes to Az for the winter. Would like to catch something to eat, but any action would be good.

It's either there or Medicine. Stopped at Harty's today for bait and Joe gave a few tips.

Thanks for you input on Hyland.

Got1.

Haven't fished it much in the summer but the crappie are pretty good the few times i've been there in the winter... Good luck and let us know what you guys end up with!!!

I ended up on Medicine, but I am planning on taking a Texan (but former Minnesotan) out to Hyland on Sunday am. I will let you know how it goes. We'll be out in the am.

From one fisher of men to another.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

I think there is some type of areation in there, so be careful!

CJH

I didn't know that. I expect that the aeration location is marked???

Not sure, I have only fished it once from shore in the spring and I don't remember. I always mean to go there, then end up going somewhere else. I think its mentioned in the DNR writeup on their website, but I don't think it mentions a location. You may want to check with them or somebody in the park office. If you do find out, let us know, as I was planning on going out there around the end of the season, and don't feel like getting wet.

Good Luck!

CJH

I talked to a co-worker today who lives right by there and he said don't even try it out there, bad ice. I guess I'll head over to Bush or north.