Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Bemidji or Cass?

7 posts in this topic

I'm gonna head up to red lake to do some fishing on the first weekend of '08. Was gonna stop by either bemidji or cass on the way home to goof around for a couple hours. Just wondering what you guys think would be the better choice to drop a line in?

Either of them is a great choice. You'll probably have similar luck on either lake. Cass had some nice fish going, but it's tougher to find them at times. Bemidji is a little easier to locate fish at times.

Good luck!

try winnie, there getting some nice perch in the shallows not to far out.

Saving winnie for a weekend all to it's own sometime in february. However, my trip to red is now in jeopardy due to problems with my truck. frown.gif

Well if you get the truck working and still make it up this way I'd suggest Bemidji. Cass is having some issues with poor ice, Bemidji is as well. But there are a few people out on Bemidji at this time, but be sure to talk with some of the locals before venturing out too far.

Buck

Buck, fished Cass on Sat. morning then Bemidji in the afternoon. Off-path travel was far worse on Bemidji! I guess it depends on where you're at on each lake.

Quote:

Buck, fished Cass on Sat. morning then Bemidji in the afternoon. Off-path travel was far worse on Bemidji! I guess it depends on where you're at on each lake.

That's good to know, thanks. I was going by a couple (usually) good resources, but glad for the update.

Buck