Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwilli7122

rollover crash on 72

5 posts in this topic

I posted this in the blackduck forum, figured i'd post it here too:

I was the passenger in a single-vehicle rollover crash north of blackduck on 72 thursday morning around 9am. mercury mountaineer rolled at least 3 times and landed upright. both of us walked away in-tact (thank god for seatbelts).

a woman stopped and helped us out - talked to 911 operator and drove us into the clinic in blackduck. I just wanted to see if anyone knows who she is so I could thank her by phone or something. also, the EMT who took us from blackduck to bemidji was great - her name was molly. the driver was good also but i didnt catch his name. anyone have any contact info for any of those?

we had been on our way to red lake. some of our fishing junk was strewn across the ditch. we saw the cops on the way to the scene a few minutes after we left with the woman. the cops picked up all the stuff and put it in the vehicle- but when we were released and got back to the vehicle, at the lot to which it had been towed, a marcum flasher and strikemaster lazer auger (minus gas tank) were missing. apparently somebody decided to grab some "free" stuff. obviously, that wasn't real high on our list of concerns, but somewhat irritating nonetheless.

anyhow, we both made it out OK - sore backs and a few minor cuts, but that seems to be the worst of it. if anyone has any info on any of the great people who helped us out, or happens to see a newer black strikemaster lazer (2hp 8inch, 2 blades) without a gas tank, shoot me a message!

thanks,

Joe

Good to hear that you didn't wind up as statistic. Your stuff..there are some real vultures out there.

I know Jim Vandekamp from Northome used to drive the ambulance from Blackduck - don't know if he still does, but he would probably know who is - 218-897-5610.

Glad to hear you walked away from it with only a few bumps and bruise's.

Sifty

Call me at (218)-835-4842 and I will put you in touch with the right people. Just glad that you are alive to send that post!