Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tank1

Grand Lake - Information

8 posts in this topic

Coming up this weekend and looking to get out on Monday for a day of fishing. Does anyone have any pointers for someone who has never fished on Grand Lake?

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!!!

Get a lake map and study the deeper water. You'll want to get on the break. Normally there'd be lot of perms out there but the lack of ice + snow and slush has kept them off. That'll change soon.

Pike will keep you busy during the day. I'll use small go devils, pimples, rattlin jigs, slender spoons tipped with half a minnow and the bobber rod gets a crappie minnow. Watch the sounder and be ready to come up for the crappies.

Surface Tension,

Thanks for the information; it's much appreciated!!!

Tank1

Your welcome and good luck!

ST,

Well we made the trip up from LaCrosse, WI on Sunday and I had a white knuckle drive most of the way. After making it all that way safely the guys I was suppose to go out with said there was no way that we were going to be able to go out unless we wanted to pull everything out by hand through the fresh snow and drifts (no snowmobile). Oh well, maybe the next time I make it up I'll get out.

Thanks again for the information, hopefully I'll get to put it to use sometime in the future.

Merry Christmas!!

Tank1

tank, good call. You would have had a long slog out there in this deep snow and most likely, more slush.

Haven't been on Grand, but going to go tomorrow. How's the ice? Any vehicles, or is the ice questionable? Let me know.

Anybody been out on Grand Lately? Any Recent reports?