Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

were to try for good panies in st croix county

1 post in this topic

I am looking for a lake to try tomorrow for some sunnies or maybe some crapies to any info would be nice. anyone know anything about ceder or base lake?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• MarkMN
      I fished Grindstone Lake on Friday. I was fly fishing out of my kickboat. It was my second time fishing there and landed a real fat 20" smallmouth, and a fat 12" crappie. The wind was a blowing quite a bit more than was forecast so I tucked in behind a point. I'm going to have to fish this lake more often, some interesting structure and nice sized fish.  
    • smurfy
      so i reckon it was pretty craz up there with it being MEA weekend????????? headed up next weekend!
    • flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, NW Angle 10/24/16 Flag Island Resort is still OPEN! We will be open until the ice is in so, if you can get here we would be happy to have you! Fishing and hunting is great this time of year, it is our personal favorite! On the Minnesota side, the Walleye bite has been good, some successful spots have been around Soldier’s Point and Brush Island. Jigging with a minnow has been the tactic of choice in 8-20 feet. Shiners are still plentiful in the bays. The water temp has been around 45-46 degrees. Duck hunting has sure been hot, a wide variety of ducks are in the area and hunters have been limiting out in minutes. All of our Cast and Blast guests have been having great success! The duck season is open until the end of November so there is plenty of time to get in on some great duck hunting. Over on the Canadian side, Crappies have been hit or miss. The Walleye bite has been great, anglers are having luck fishing nearly everywhere. Points and bays have been specifically hot.  All depths have been good in that 8-30 foot range. The water temp has been around 47-49 degrees. Trolling for Muskies have been great, the color we have seen working the best is red. The Ontario Whitetail season is still open and doesn’t close until November 15th. The bucks are moving and many trophies have been seen. Until next week, good luck fishing! Guides Dan Schmidt and Devin Rau Flag Island Resort 218-223-8011
    • gunner55
      We have a 949i pop up that we've used for a couple seasons & like. At the end of last season we purchased a 43 cc 8" auger on a end of season closeout. Saved around $100 on that & obviously haven't had much chance to try it out.We did receive a quick reply from their customer service when we had a little trouble reading the serial # to register it for warranty, if that means anything to you. They also said that they would take the time we bought ours into consideration for warranty purposes.
    • gunner55
      We were up there last Monday. When we stopped for gas & bait in Waskish we asked about the fishing & was told there wasn't many going out. She also said it had been pretty windy for the fishing to be much good. There was 5 or 6 units in the PA when we got there. We started on the north shore & got 2 but only kept 1. There was 2-3 others over there, at the end of the day we went over to the south shore & got 1 more keeper. There were more boats over there but most. of them appeared to be going way west of us. Both our keepers came on a jig & 1/2 a crawler.