• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Louis River POUTFEST

Steve,

Were you able to make it out after work last night? If so how were the snow conditions? I'm planning on bringing my wheeler down on Saturday for the Pout Fest. Just wondering... any Pout?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• BD110

• SKIPPERS KID

• Tom Linderholm

It wasnt a bad pull out. Not nearly as easy as when you were there but I got out to decent fishing water.

I got there late about $:30 and only got 1 eye and a couple pout on but only landed 1. I did see a lot more pout than the last night we were out. Those pout show up so much bigger than the eyes on the Marcum ya know.

I may hiot it again tonight but every time I think Im leaving it snows more.

See everyone Saturday by 3pm. I may be there earlier. I may just fish all day. grin.gif

Quote:

You know I'm in! is anyone bringing a grill,I am thinking about stuffing some veni brats for dinner.

Your in luck, I just got a new portable grill for christmas. I'll be bringing that along with a wheeler. Cant guarantee I will be at the landing at 3:30, but I will get there in the afternoon/early evening.

My cel wont work at Boyscout so just look for my purple Otter and Nils along side it. Ill try to hang a banner.

Yo Steve have to work Sat, but would no mind finding a ride out for a beer later. Still right off boyscout?>>>>later the load

Load I will have one on ice for ya. Stop on by. Ill be there til 9 or 10pm. If we aint on the ice we will be in the lot. You know my truck.

Wheeler Or sleds there is slush in most spots but there is not a lot of snow so a wheeler would be just fine. I was out tonight with no fish saw three on the marcum. I think if some sleds where on the ice to pack it down the pull would not be bad. Well we will see ya all on Saturday smirk.gif.

Sleds over wheelers but a wheeler should do ok. The pull out was a hard one but nothing a semi healthy guy cant do.

Fishing was SLOW. Nobody I talked to on the river had caught anything.

Lets hope we get a nice night and better fishing.

NO MORE SNOW!!!!

No action at all for me out there in the past 2 days, but I was still up river. I think I will start moving down soon, when I feel the ice is safer to sled on.

P

phish dude was that you on the sled down the bend from the landing last night?

I only saw 2 other houses up from me and they didnt do anything either.

Wheres all the Pout? Mid spawn funk maybe? Im not even seeing that many.

Who will be there at 3pm or can be there in the morning? I may hit it in the morning then come back about 3pm.

Steve,

My plan is to be down there early afternoon. There are things going on that my change those plans. I'll know more by tomorrow morning when I get home from work.

I should be in the neighborhood around 1pm or so. Got most of my gear set today along with the trailer un buried. Northlander, I will give you a call when I get going.

Hey, does anyone report reception for their cell phones near BS landing? I'd be heading out to jig a little with youz guys, but have a very preggo wife here & could not stay if I got no reception. Verizon iss the carrier.

If I'm not glued to home I gotta be glued to the phone! ooo.gif

Ran, you goin?

Thanks for any replies... -CLoma

Loma,

I'm not sure about Verizon coverage. My Cell One phone works just fine out of Boy Scout landing. I'm not able to check my posted e-mail from work but if your willing to post an e-mail address I can send you my cell number and you can have your wife call that number if she is unable to get in touch with you.

Let me know what you think.

I don't get any with my VW phone. Can't make down, every time you guys go fishin somthing comes up. frown.gif

Casa my verizon sucks down there. My cel one was fine down there.

Cheffrey I may just pull a all day deal if your going to be there at 1pm. I will hit it in the morning and see if I can find some fishy water.

Yo T.L., Got the #

Sounds like I wont be out-ta reach, so, much thanks & see youz tommorow.

THANKS! -CLoma

I have to run a few errands in the morning but hope to get down there early afternoon ,,,sounds like it will be a good crowd ,,,now if only the pout cooperate

c ya there

Randoid

Hey guys saw you all out there. I was way down to the left of the landing. Didn't even get a bite, how'd the small village of you guys do?

A few eyes and a TON of Pout! NOT!

It was the dead sea tonight. I left my house and Viking showed me how its done and caught a pout. Cheffrey caught 1 about the same size and Skipperskid got a nice eye. Nothing else. Burgers and braughts were very good. Thanks Ripstick and Cheffrey.

All in all a good time but not much for fishing action.

You should have stopped by and had a bite to eat.

The food was great Tom steve, gary, frank,tom,billy and it is late so sorry I missed you but. thank you all for having a pout feast but I had one bite and it was a good EYE and we where out fishing shocked.gif. I should have now-en better to come out yesterday??? they where there and I was not those darn fish just are Where? I do not now but it is about going and the catching is a plus shocked.gifshocked:. Well it was good to share in the fun of the hunt for the fish? thank you all for a good time . We all had fun after you all left we fish for can's in the lot smile.gif. After we waited for bill and tom to come off the ICE they are pout slayers. well good fishing to all and thanks for a great night.

firemedic5586,

I was able to drive out of Boyscout landing on a wheeler without to much trouble. There is a little bit of slush but it's no big deal. I have no idea how the ice is past Boyscout so be safe.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Fun time for sure.

Thanks guys! Thanks Cheffery and Rip for the eats and cooking.

Good times gentlemen! Thanks for organizing this.

Ready to cook my first pout, I have my cort boullion going as we speak and taters roasting in the oven. Them pout really don't give off much meat. What is there though looks delicious. I figured I would make a simmering broth with champagne and lemon juice instead of the sprite, with it being so close to new years and all.

I had a good time, thanks for the laughs.