• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

buying jigs?

tbone4

Going up to red in about a week and not quite sure what jigs/lures to buy. Does anyone know if hillmans sells tackle or any other place up there that would have a good idea as to what the fish are biting on? Thanks for your help.

Yes Hillmans sells tackle, I would recomend stoppping there for your tackle and bait, and the latest hot bite! Good luck!

Dr. Tackle and bait in Kelliher has an enormous selection of jigs, they sometimes have a decent fishing report but probably not as current or in depth as a resort on the lake. I am impressed with the number of jigs in there, tho... probably more than a store in a decent sized town.

If you're going through Blackduck on the way, Timberline Sports there on #71 has an enormous selection, as well as, live bait.

I had great luck last weekend with the jigs Shorty told me he had specially made. Plus I like to support them as they are simply "good people". We were having a pizza at the Bar last weekend, and (I think it was) BJ spent time telling us stories about all the pictures in there - and on our way out handed my buddy's kid a big handful of jigs. Made the kids day, and he caught a ton of walleye on them.

I vote Hillmans.

Tim

Quote:

Going up to red in about a week and not quite sure what jigs/lures to buy. Does anyone know if hillmans sells tackle or any other place up there that would have a good idea as to what the fish are biting on? Thanks for your help.

I was up to Red from Sunday to Thursday and had the best luck for walleyes on eye-droppers. i was useing the biggest size and in the super glow chub with the biggest fat head you can find. For some reason they like the big profile of the lures and minnows. Every day the three of us guys limited out and threw ALOT back that were over the slot.