Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team Otter

Forum Upgrades...

16 posts in this topic

FYI.

Rick and the IT crew is in the middle of making some upgrades within the site as well as working on some of the speed issues we have had. For this particular forum and other forums, as you can see, the "sticky" posts are gone. This, amongst many other things, are being worked on. Thank you for your patience with this.

I see there is a pm set up now, does this mean we will have the pm option now?

Rick and his IT staff are hard at it and have been all night.

Really like the new set-up. By moving the forum events to that area, it now seems less cluttered.

I see it only shows total replies on the topics now as opposed to the total replies and most recent replies (per each time we log in). Is already making things confusing trying to remember which reply was the last one I read everytime I log on...makes things very tough on the topics with more than 20 or so responses. Are the IT guys gonna put that back to the way it was?

We are working on the forums and some changes are taking place to speed them up. We do not know how long the process will take.

Again, please be patient with this whole deal. Just because you see something now that may be different, doesn't mean it will be in place forever.

For what it's worth, thanks for the time & effort in keeping this site one of the best. It IS appreciated.

Thanks. I'll be sure to pass that along.

UPDATE: Rick is still crankin'. The changes that we have seen to this point are only temporary. There will be a formal announcement once the leaf has been turned, so please hang in there. We're in for a real treat. As for the questions on PM's, when it's all said and done, they will NOT be available.

Stay tuned...

No PM's!!!!Thats a bummer! Oh well, thanks for the updates to everyone that is involved.

We took a valid shot at it anyway. However, don't worry; you'll like the end result. Think of it as another Christmas present.

UPDATE: The bulk of the upgrade has been completed and Rick is now working on the finishing touches with the IT staff on a separate server. We do not see any of these changes yet, so please hang in there! I think you'll all like what you see.

I most certainly hope that our login history (the red () that show what you read)will be back. I sure hate reading the same post, over,over,over and over again. Not knowing when the last time I logged on was, what I already read and didn't read. I guess it doesn't matter if we log in or not as their probibly isn't any difference. Just venting, but this sucks as a login user. I'm gonna go read for Lakeiwanttobethere, but I have to start from 11/05.

Lonnie

There are some changes that could occur yet before all is done. Please bear with us all and when its done it will probably look somewhat different. All of these changes are for better speed and a better FM.

Thanks for your patience.

Lonnie,

Thanks for the input. Your concern and many others have all been taken into consideration and are in the process of being looked into.

UPDATE: Rick looked over a draft of the updates today with the IT staff but found some areas that still need tweaking. The changes will be announced and visible as soon as possible. As Tom mentioned, we thank you all for your patience with this but in the end, it's for the better.

UPDATE: The forum upgrade is completed other than some adjustments Rick needs to make. What Rick has to do could take 5 - 10 days barring any unexpected "challenges". The "new" FM is just around the corner! grin.gif