Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bklimek

8 mile and beyond

4 posts in this topic

Is anybody getting out to the 8-mile, 9-mile, boot flat areas? I'd like to head up there friday for the day and was curious if these areas are accessible via 4-wheeler and which would be the best area to go out of (garrison, etc.)?

Thanks guys!

I think peopel are going out to boot and blue jug form the east side. People are mainly taking sleds out due to the snow conditons. If you go out, be carefule of some of the cracks out there. A few of them are quite large.

Thanks for the post K Dawg. I'll be coming from the west so I may just hold off one more week. It's disappointing because I was looking forward to taking my Dad out there for his first trip ever on the big pond but it doesn't sound to be the safest right now.

I went out 6 miles the last two days, and it was fine. Just a few slush spots by Garrision Reef, but after that I felt much safer than the fist mile or so. Lots of fish out there, but they seem to be full on perch...they spit them up when you land one. I tried to go to a different flat today, but with the clouds and fog, I couldn't see the snow/ice very well...I didn't want to drive my sled into a bad spot, so I fished some rocks, and it was good. Fishing really close to the bottom worked best for me.