Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dashtek

Seaton Channel Ice

9 posts in this topic

Anyone been out to Seaton Channel? Is there any ice there and if so, how much? Any tip-up action going on out there?

Saw a bunch of people fishing out there on Saturday with tip-ups

Lots of snowmobile tracks through there this week. Looks like there is plenty of ice. a few guys out there pan fishing. I have not heard any news on the action however.

A buddy of mine caught a pike and some panfish... Bite will heat up soon within the next 2 weeks.

Did your buddy happen to say how much ice they were standing on? I might head out there on Friday.

My dad and I were out there on Saturday trying for some sunfish. The sunfish are very small compared to other years but we saw plenty of them on our camera. A few pike also swimmming around but no takers. Ice was mixed. On open ice there was about 8 inches but where drifts were formed it was any where from 4inches to 8 inches. The most ice was out in the middle where the deep part is but the sunies were chip size out there. I think that Mtka has a problem now with stunted sunfish. I hope not but the last two summers and winters the sunfish cant even get to five or siz ounces. Good luck to everyone heading out this weekend.

Hi All,

Any recent updated from Seaton Channel? Wondering if the Northern have picked up at all out there. Might go out there on Sunday if the bite is decent.

Was out on Seaton Channel this weekend. Sunday I got a 33 inch 9.4lb nothern. We caught about 50 sunnies. Kept 8 of them. Pretty small sunnies.

Brendt-Northern.jpg

I tried to post a picture of the fish but it did not work. I am not sure if it was too big or what. If someone has a tip for how to post it I would gladly try again. It is a photo online and the URL ends in .jpg so I assumed it would work.