Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wallppie

Princeton area????

5 posts in this topic

Wondering how some of the lakes around the Princeton area are doing so far? Ice conditions(anyone driving on lakes), the bite, depths, lures...any info would be appreciated! Thanks

Also, let me know if I should be posting questions for this area in a different location...I thought there used to be a Central (East Central) area Lakes link to click on for this general area? I could be wrong though??

I'm not sure about the lakes, but there is an East Central Forum you could ask on.

Wallppie,

I fish most all the lakes in that area. I check three different forums for people with questions. I check the St. Cloud, The Albertville/Big lake and east central lakes forums. They do not have an exact forum for these lakes. I was going to write in and ask about this, but I figure it keeps people off of them grin.gif. Just joking!

I would say most lakes around here have about 10" on them. The small lake I was on last weekend had almost 12". I have not seen anyone driving out yet with car/truck, but wheelers and sleds are all over.

If you are looking for crappies, I would stay shallow. I found best action in 5-6 F.O.W., after starting out in 10'. Small jig (Vertical or horizontal style) tipped with small crappie minnow. 1/2’ to 1’ off of the bottom and about a foot under the ice is where I placed my bait and got crappies.

I am heading out tonight on a local lake tonight and hope to find some slabs.

Good luck!

Thanks Shack....let me know how you do. I have the next 2 weeks off starting Thurs. so I plan on doing plenty of fishing!! I was just hoping the ice would be good enough to drive a 1/2 ton on as I do not have a wheeler or sled yet...looks like I'll be getting some exercise! frown.gif

I heard the fishing has been slow in this area... But big game hunting was great...