• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mort's Dock???

minnesotamusky

Bringing the girlfriend up January 4th-6th. We usually go out of West Wind, but was thinking of trying something different this year. How's the fishing over by Mort's Dock???

Does Mort's even plow out a road?

I'd reccomend Rogers if you're looking to try something different. I've heard they keep their road open pretty well.

yes morts plows a great road. the fishing is pretty good down there on the south side of the lake. Morts has a fishing report, i cant post the link here but you can find it by doing an internet search for 'morts dock red lake'

.5 mi. to the west is JR's and they have a road out and will maintain this winter. JR and Chad Benson are both good guys and will point you in the right direction-(or rent you a house)They work hard to stay on the fish

nothing wrong with Morts either- have been out of there in the past and looks like they have a road started out this year

My husband and I always go out of Morts. They do plow a road and are usually very good. They are also very nice people down there, and do have a little area with tv and snacks/pop for sale.

Morts does have a road. I did very well a couple years ago, except for the fact that we couldn't keep walleyes yet then. We did a whole lot of catch and release that year.

I have always went out on Morts and like their road like any other resort roads anyway. I have done fairly well to really good out there on the fish the last 4 years.

Like bobbo said, they do also have a fishing report, not hard to find their website.

I,have stayed @ morts twice,we caught alot of fish, the nice thing about morts was we stayed in his 4 man sleeper.if the fishing was slow @ any time he told the kids and I, that we could any other or his shacks that werent being used. they all where heated and we kept cathing fish.

the last time I, was there we caught 2oo eye,s and my 6 year old son cried every time we had to throw them back down the hole and we did and also 23 slabs one 43 inch northern pitcher is on midwest outdoors@ mort,s

the only thing I can say is bring a five gallon bucket because it is a waze from the shack to the biffy! but they are good people. also it was so cold up there and it was storming blowing snow he came and check on use a few times. J.Quam P.S any qustions ask the local people they are all very helpful.

Mort's has a real nice access, Todd & Nick are out maintaining the ice road constantly along with checking in with fisherpeople. The lodge is real nice overlookin the lake it has showers, food, pop, and beer. Georgieann is always at the lodge to greet you with a big smile and hello. Over the years I've had great luck on the south shore away from the crowds on the adjacent side of the lake.