Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tims

Clear lake(waseca)

35 posts in this topic

Fished from noon till dark on the north end. Fished from 6-18 fow. Boy did it suck. Plenty of 3 inch bluegills and 6 inch crappies though. Hopefully the nicer gills arent all fished out. This lake sure gets hammered in the winter. Also I heard that the city sewage backs up into the lake. Yuck. I think i will just catch and realease in this lake. Oh I almost forgot I did land a huge pike on 2lb line. It was pushing 15 lbs. Really thick and fat. Took about 15-20 minutes to land. It hit a no 16 diamond jig and a red spike crazy.gif

Also fished Lily near Elysian in the morning. Didnt mark a single fish.

Is the big boy still swimming? I missed a good one this morning out there!!!

yep still swimming cool.gif

Great to hear!!!

is it safe to pull house with a f-150 ext cab confused.gif

I saw a few out. I think they are pushing it. Id just show up at the access and (Contact Us Please) the situation from there. Im sure there will be plenty of wheelers out. And i'd bet someone would help pull it, esp for a small fee smirk.gif

how much ice is out there off the north end

every post say something different i just want to know if it is worth my time to try or wait a little while longer

I haven't been there but I'd wait. It's certainly not going to make any ice this week.

thanks t.o. maybe use the yukon a little longer just getting to old to pull by hand anymore

Quote:

thanks t.o. maybe use the yukon a little longer just getting to old to pull by hand anymore

I hear ya

With one 8" exception, I measured 10+/- 1", on Sunday, didn't measure on Monday night when I pulled mine out. I have been watching the various reports and it seems those on the north end are reporting around 10, those on the middle to south are reporting around 12.

For me, it's a little thin to be driving out yet but then I am concervative. If I drop one through, not only do I have to get it back out, I have to call a diving friend to come be safety diver while I go under and hook my own truck up. I know my diving friends will never let me live that one down.

thanks for the info local diver i will be there sat. night or sun. morning hopeful i can find someone with a 4-wheeler to pull me out if not ill pull my yukon out no matter what ill be fishing see ya on the ice james

Sorry, I have to work Saturday night but will probally be out Sunday afternoon / night. Call me if you don't find anyone (before 2:00 pm) as the ATV is still on the trailer and not that big of deal to drag with when it's already loaded.

i did ok on the eyes monday got 5 one 25in the rest were 12-19in all during the day the night bite didnt happen they all are still swimming one pike about 5# also find the perch and the eyes are close

north or west side and how deep are you fishing in grin.gif

i was in 13fow my buddy is in 18fow he is getting a few after dark

gonna try it sat night little scary going at night first time out this year on this lake

I was out this morning ice was 11" people driving all over (I would'nt but) anyway very slushy in spots but fine otherwise.

I was out on north side today and I could'nt keep the quarter size sunnies off my bait anyone else having that problem ? Out of about 13 fish 2 were keepers. I even tried offering larger jigs no help they still went after it. There is alot of houses on that lake and I know people have to be catching some keepers just wondering what I'm doing wrong lol.

Put the house out today on Clear. Beleive it or not we have 16" under the house. I thought I was seeing things when I measured But nope it is 16". Marked a ton of fish but I am sure they are those little minnie gills. Will keep everyone updated as now I will be out as much as possible. our house is set in 14-15' of water.

To update my last post. I went out today for a few hours and dropped in some tip-ups. Well 16" under the house 13-14" 20feet away from the house? Fishing was slow at best but I have heard of reports of some nice fish comming as well. Of course that is just rumor and I have not heard anything first hand.

how much snow is on the lake now

put my house out mon. morning getting a few nice eyes 530 am on thursday the crappies were stacked under my house for about a hour forgot about the eyes and had some fun