Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kodiak

gifford lake hwy 41

10 posts in this topic

i see people have been fishing the mudhole river flood lake by trail of terror. You guys still catching the flood walleyes down there under the bridge?

Little sunnies. That's all.

There was a bunch of people down there fishing it last year and i have a hard time believe all they were catching were little sunnies. I have always wondered what people catch down there. Last year there was a post about this same little backwater but nobody could figure out what they were catching.

I would guess most are catching a buzz..either from the beer they are drinking or the fumes from all the diesel trunks running north and south on 41.

might just have to try it and find out, i know there are eyes under the bridge.

I fished there.. We catch Walleyes, Pikes, rough fish... Whenever there is a crowd, people are catching fish...

Quote:

I would guess most are catching a buzz..either from the beer they are drinking or the fumes from all the diesel trunks running north and south on 41.

Yeah most do, i grew up in that part of town. fished that river many a times. I used to sit there and catch a heafty buzz some carp sheephead and a few other fish. I couldnt ever pull anything good outta that particular spot. but move to the chaska side by the launch and hit that creek up. Walleye like it there

i took my duckboat and my dog in the summer one time there just to kill some time and fish and get the pup used to the boat, i was cruising around with my trolling motor and doing some casting with a thunderstick 2 and caught a huge northern.

the local shakolatinos fish the lake all the time, the grade between the lakes is always packed in the summer!

Was out there last weekend. Hooked about a dozen crappies or so, no size though. No real access to the lake either and pulling a portable up the hill through the woods is the pits.

i duck hunted there this fall and want to fish it too. if you go back on the dirt road of 41 to launch is that the grade between two lakes or is it all one lake? ... where the eys's at? wondering where to set up my fish trap, have no electronics so any tips would be awesome!