Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rivernut

Clear Lake

10 posts in this topic

Was on Clear by Forest Lake today for a couple hours before my flasher battery went dead. Does anyone know much about this lake. Talking to people out there today it was pretty dead. Thanks

Ok, I guess this a secret spot.

I've fished it a few times over the last 5-6 years and ive caught lots of small crappies and a couple of eyes.

You'll know when the bite is on, the parking lot will be full. I don't know how fish survive out there, but there is some walleye action to be had at times. like I said, when the lot is full....... On that note, work the bottom edge of any steep drop off. The walleyes focus on classic structure out there as the carp keep pretty much any weeds from forming.

I noticed there was about 8-10 portables out there Sunday night. There are a few of us going tonight after work so I will give a report tomorrow.

Thanks, I was'nt being smart, I just know that there are some spots that are tough for some to give up. Its close to home so I"ll give it a try. The guy's I talked to on Sunday said the crappies bite starts at 6pm. Maybe tonight. Good fishing to all.

I have never fished it but I know what you mean on the secret spot thing. I'll let you know tomorrow or maybe tonight if I have time.

There is 1 main spot. It's no secret. Look out across from the access to the left. It's a sunkin island of sorts. It's good early in the year and then fades. It' also a long walk. There are other less populaar spots but they produce more later in the year.

It's no secret lake that is for sure.. This lake has been in the news paper many times because it such a good lake to fish at.... Plus,thousands of people drive by it every day.. Not to mention all of the ice fishing contests on this lake.

Anyways, this is a great lake to ice fish at... Limits of walleyes are not uncommon on a daily basis .... Most people on this lake target walleyes or/and crappies.

If you want to know the spots, my advice, just follow the crowds... This is one lake NOT to fish away from the crowds.

Well my brother and friend got there before me and my brother got 3 small walleyes and that was it for the night. Probably 5 inches of ice where we were at which was 14.7 ft.