Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bennybear

Need help.

4 posts in this topic

Greetings, I have a 4 and an 8 year old that really want to go ice fishing. I need help finding a place to fish that has alot of action but not size. Bluegills, crappie, northerns on tipups, walleye,perch..they don't mind. I won't keep any fish unless they are damaged. I will Keep any info quiet. Thanks in advance jrzurn (at) hotmail.com

Calhoune lake by Spicer Mn. Bout 35 mi.North from BirdIsland.Summer time no sooner than hook hits water gotem all small sunnies,Well if your selective you can sort and get a nice meal.lots a nothern and bass.Best lake in 50 miles I know of for kids. cool.gif

If ya eat fish take your limit of sunnies all your limits it wont hurt this lake,I believe their stunted cause of over population. shocked.gif

Careful out there , a lot of currents ! Last year almost went thru , Ice varied. Just watch where everyone goes out ,should be fine. caught a lot varity of fish. cool.gif

The road out from the access always looks like a highway,hardly any current on a high water year,and this year water levels are exceptionally low.part of the crow river does enter it but most of the crow bypasses it closer to Green lake.No worries just follow the road you'll see a large group of houses in the middle deepest area just stop before them or as a matter of fact ya could drive out 100 yds and made the young'uns happy Or walk out to the outside of reeds.