Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Minnewaskta---Carver

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has been out. Thinking of going out on tuesday. If you dont want to post here, please email me. Thanks.

I have not fished it much in the winter. I do get out a few times on the open water. Great pike population but not sure if they are as aggressive during the winter as summer. If they are you should see a lot of flags. Good panfish population as well. Good luck

was at minnewashta yesterday,, the ice is solid but there are some shakey slushy spots where you break through down to about 2-3 inches of ice.

fished tipups, it was slow, there was a couple others panfishing and i didnt see anyone pull anything up.

the water was clear though

how clear is the water.

Is the only landing off of hwy 41?

As far as I know the only legal access would be from Minnewashta regional park off of hwy 41. The park has two boat launches. Many folks also park on the point, or "the beach," and then walk out.

I have never seen much VEHICLE traffic off of the big launch during ice season. Must be some notorious bad ice on that side of the lake.

from what i can tell the water is pretty clear.

there is a place to get in on the west side of the lake i think it is called minnewashta blvd or something like that, it is a a road just west of 41 that connects hwy 5 to hwy 7 it runs the lakeshore on the west side of the lake.

Quote:

...there is a place to get in on the west side of the lake i think it is called minnewashta blvd or something like that, it is a a road just west of 41 that connects hwy 5 to hwy 7 it runs the lakeshore on the west side of the lake.

No PUBLIC access to Washta from Minnewashta blvd. There is access to lake St. Joe from the blvd.

Post deleted by Kodiak

there is the beach with the public park right across the street with parking.

kings rd and minnewashta parkway, park is on west side of road, beach is on lake.

Is it one of the private beaches maintained by one of the Lake Minnewashta housing associations?

It would be sweet if their was still a public access on that side of the lake. Used to be a resort/bait shop that allowed access over there. That was turned into residential houses years ago.

well i dont think they would care if your drug your portable from the park to the lake, it is covered in snow and how would they know you didnt live in the 3mi radius association.

go for it!

It is a public access. Fishing pier sits there in the summer. You can park west of Minnewashta Pkwy and have to cross it to get to the lake.