Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dingy

Garrison

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. New to MN this year. Never fished the pond through the ice. I see several posts about the south and east and was wondering what the fishing is like out of Garrison. We have a house out of Twin Pines In early January and I was wondering what to expect. It seems like nobody really catches anything out of the sleepers, is that true?

Thanks!

Not true at all!!! I have a house out of Garrison Sports and we catch fish in the sleeper. Generally, resorts move their rentals to be on fish. You will have better luck if you bring a portable and try to get to some of the farther flats, using the sleeper as a base, but you should still catch fish in a sleeper. I don't run and gun as much when my perm is out. I figure I pay to have it on the ice, so might as well use it. Easier to drink beer too!!!

Be careful if you head out to the mud. King Dawg mentioned that south of Boot Flat there is a pretty big ice crack.

Yea. There are some bad cracks out there this year. I would agree to use the perm as a base camp and run and gun to the mud flats.