Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brent30

Manor pits

7 posts in this topic

Hey just wondering if anyone has been out to the pits yet this year, I was out last tuesday and all I could catch were small crappies, literally one after another at almost every spot I tried....My real question is....why does it seem like there is nothing with any size in there anymore... when I first started fishing there back in the early to mid nineties(best friend lives on the lake) it was fairly common to get some 10plus inch crappies and large sunfish..I don't know if it's the fishing pressure or not, anyways let me know what you think........thanks and good fishing

It's kind of a mystery why the fish are not very big any more. I don't think it's fishing pressure only because not alot of people fish it during the winter.

Although I kind of wonder whether the construction has had any or little effect on the fishing. They dug the crap out of that south pit.

I plan on giving it a try tomorrow. I'll be sure to post the results.

Any idea how thick the ice is out there?

Rebeleye

last tuesday there was a good 5 plus inches of good ice where I was

where can a guy park nowadays to access this?

Quote:

where can a guy park nowadays to access this?

Excellent question. I've seen some people park west end of the clinic lot. There's an entrance right there and they park just outside of the fence on the shoulder.

I also remember some people saying they park in the golf dome lot and walk across the street. Certainly not ideal if your hauling a bunch of gear out there.

good luck!

Rebeleye

BTW, thanks for the ice info Brent30!

went to fish the south pit yesterday. Noticed there is a fence that runs from the parking lot all the way to the S.W. corner of the pit. Didn't feel like hoofing it down there by myself.

If anyone knows a another way of getting out there besides being flown in by helicopter let me know. Thanks

Rebeleye