Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnvikingsfreak

fountain lake

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if this lake is any good for fishing? I live in montrose and this lake is really close I cant find a lake map anywhere not even online through the DNR page any help would be great thanks!

75+ views and nobody has any info on this lake? confused.gif

Maybe they are confused by a guy named mnVIKINGSfreak with a picture of Kirby Puckett who was a mnTWIN?!?!

Yeah, you could at least have a picture of Dwight "Spliff"

laugh.gif

As far as the depth of Fountain goes the lake is pretty much a bowl with the deepest water just south of the narrows. Max depth 10'. I don't know much about the fishing besides that there are plenty of bullheads, its a safe bet there are better lakes lakes close to Montrose. One that comes to mind would be Crawford Lake. It has special fishing regs for walleye (2 fish daily) largemouth bass (catch and release only) sunfish and crappie (5 each daily) and perch (10 fish daily. Crawford was also stocked with channel cattfish to help control the bullhead population. Otherwise there is always Buffalo Lake for walleyes and crappie, just be prepared for the crowds. Good Luck

thanks for the info tempo I was searching on yahoo over the weekend about it and during the summer of 2007 a dog died after swimming through the greenish blue algae muck it was on wcco and everything I think I will stay clear of that lake.could you e-mail me and tell me where crawford lake is? I just moved to the area 3 months ago thanks again

mnvikingsfreak@yahoo.com

Follow 25 north, 1.95 miles to 40th street( its the road going east just north of the crow river bridge), go east( right turn) about 1/2 mile. You should see a sign for public access on the road.

You turn left the road will go straight to the lake. Good luck

Thanks jigginjim I will give it a try!