Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
walleyedude

Spring

walleyedude

has anyone been out yet? we were gonna go out there last night but when we got there it was dark and nobody was out so we didnt wanna risk it.

PiKeGuY101

Haven't been out on spring yet this year, many lakes the the metro are getting there I've found anywhere from 5" - 12". I would agree with you about not going out after dark - ice can get you real good!

guisinthemeto

i would really check the ice in the light before i would go out there at night. It is a lot safer.

wish2getwalleye

was out by spring today there was one permie out and 3 portables out fishing looked like a little slush out about 100 yards from the landing

Grogan

anything happening out there. debating between prior or spring tonight

walleyeJoe

going out to spring on monday all day.. .i will post any reports...

Kodiak

i would like a report on spring please could you pm me. I have been thinking on going out there but i just have been working other areas of the metro lately.

bigfish24

the ice is about 6"to 10" in some areas. bites were slow all day sunday. frown.gif

Flaco651

Marked fish almost the whole time out there sunday but had to try a bunch of stuff to get them to bite. Ended up catching small crappies.

shooter_mcgavin

I second the slow bite. Also had 3 snowmobilers come by at 70+ mph, on both sides of my house......that'll get your heart rate up.

The ice is fairly thick, but its mostly frozen slush (not clear).

Fredster

I was out for a bit on Spring this last Sunday (12-6) and found the surface a little too slushy for my comfort. Even though lake seemed solid (didn't drill any holes), there was standing water in some of the slush spots. Was suprised that the top was that soft, but I suppose it was the result of an active spring nearby...

Will try again after some more cold weather...

Fredster

walleyeJoe

out today all day on spring, morning was much better than afternoon/early evening bite. morning caught 2 walleyes in 22 fow one was 16 1/2 and the other 19. saw 2 schools of walleyes role in where i was on the aqua view, each school had about 5 walleyes in it might have been same school. but the fishing was extremely slow as for the panfish, only caught about 10 crappies all day one 12 inches, the rest tiny. and a bunch of small sunfish. but was slow, ice is fine now.. slush spots frozed really well. the walk out is brutal, probably wont go back out until i can drive out... and plus the bite isnt worth it at all.

Orlip

Walleyejoe how thick was the ice?? Enough for ATV's?

bwally

Im going to bring my fiance out to spring tomorrow at noon. I want to get her on some perch out there so she'll come with me again. Where do you think my best bet is?

ZamMan

walleyejoe, I think I saw you out there Saturday right off the point. I went to the winter road just to check things out and got stuck. I felt so stupid. the snow was so packed down that I tried to back out and just went nowhere. Some guy pulled me back to the road. Thanks to that guy if you are ever on this site. I plan on putting the house out this weekend you going to be around? Sounds like PL fishing is going pretty good. The word on the lake is just south of the wagon bridge has been good.

shooter_mcgavin

Was out last night in the fog fishing in 20 FOW. Marked fish on the bottom and suspended the whole time, and threw everything I had at them. Used minnows on a plain hook, a jig, and a swedish pimple without a bite. Also tried different crappie jigs with and without waxies with no luck.

The ice was really vocal last night, kind of spooky. I was on the north shore and there was about 5" of milky ice. Almost looked like less ice than the last time I was out, which was three days before.

walleyeJoe

the ice is extremely spotty where i was. but people aqre driving atvs and sleds out.... and i wasnt on spring on saturday. must have been someone else. yesterday was the first and last for me for a while out there.. thats how bad the fishing was.

MuleShack

WalleyeJoe,

How thick was the ice?

Are we talking 5" or closer to 8"?

Or anyone that was out on Spring have any info?

walleyeJoe

between 5 and 8 over by the points

MuleShack

Thanks.

I live close enough where i can just throw the sled in the back of the mule and drive over there. Just wanted to check if it would be good enough ice to drive the Mule out on the ice too. with still 5" areas, i might wait a week yet, that thing goes 1500 lbs.

ZamMan

New to this lake and the name kinda makes me think twice about putting the house out there. Are there any springs on this lake to really watch out for?

Thanks

shooter_mcgavin

Fished it again last night with one small crappie to show for it. I think my stubbornness is wearing off on this lake.

As for the ice, I was surprised to be sitting on about 10" of clear ice on the north shore last night. I fished the same depth about 100 yards to the west two nights before and I was sitting on 5" of milky ice. (the fishing was terrible that night as well). The ice varies a lot.

I couldn't see a single portable or permanent fish house on the lake from my vantage point, but it was foggy.

ZamMan

any new ice reports. Want to get out there this week.

wish2getwalleye

was on the east side 2 weeks ago and it was about 7 in thick on xmas went by the dnr landing and saw 4 portables about 500 yards out but havent checked or heard anything

Kodiak

muleschack-

did you put your kawi through on prior?