• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Houseboat vacation slide show to music

Just thought I would post a link to a video story I made of our trip with Rainy Lake Houseboats last July. Awesome time, hard to put it into words! A picture says a thousand anyway! Enjoy ... Hope this works. [image]th_PhotoStory3.jpg[/image]

Thats good stuff Smeds! VNP is the lifeblood of this area, and sometimes we need to be reminded of the flat out beauty of what we have in our backyards. Whether during the winter or summer the magnificent endless shorelines and pristine waters are unequalled. Funny thing is some don't know of the true prize we have here in our own state. Many people travel from throughout the United States to just get a glimpse. As a fishing guide I lay witness to that firsthand. As a writer for the Outdoor News Publications I'm currently am in the process of putting an article together with a likely title of something like "Winter in the Park". If you get a chance take a peek! Should be fun!

Won't be to music though! Ha!

RD

HEY SMEDS,

YEP...THATS WHY I LIVE HERE, YOUR LITTLE VIDEO SAYS IT ALL, THAT WAS EXCELLENT & I ENJOYED IT!!! THANKS FOR SHARING IT...BY THE WAY, DID I MENTION YOU CAN CATCH THOSE WALLY-GATORS IN THE WINTER TOO!!! ITS JUST A LITTLE WEATHER ADJUSTMENT!!!

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Gotta say I don't mind winter up here, but neither do I mind seeing that video when they're forecasting -22 with a nice wind behind it! laugh.gif

Thanks Rainydaze & Fishmeister ... it was fun to put together. You are truly blessed to have that body of water in your backyard! We are planning on some ice action up there, just don't know if it will be this year or not. Fished thru the ice last winter up there, but in Sand Bay. Now that I have all (or most) of those mid-lake reefs marked on my GPS on the east side of the lake, I would love to come chase them again. What time of year is it usually safe to take sleds thru the Brule narrows to get out on the east side?

HI SMEDS,

BRULE NARROWS IS NEVER SAFE, HOW YOU ACCESS THE EAST END OF RAINY IS THRU THE LOST BAY PORTAGE, WHICH BRINGS YOU THRU TO THE WEST END OF SAGINAW. THE PARK PLOWS A ROAD TO CRANBERRY, FROM THERE YOU CAN GET ON THE LOST BAY PORTAGE.

YOU WILL NOT FIND THE FISH AS ACTIVE(MOST OF THE TIME) AS THE SUMMER, AND I HAVE CAUGHT WALLEYES AS DEEP AS 56 FEET., ALOT OF THOSE WALLEYES ARE VERY BLACK IN COLOR., I CAUGHT A WALLEYE MANY YEARS AGO WITH OUR D.N.R. FISHERIES MGR. KEVIN PETERSON & HE TOOK PHOTOS OF IT & SAID IT WAS THE DARKEST WALLEYE HE HAD EVER SAW....26"...STILL SWIMMING. AT THAT TIME THE SLOT WAS 17-25.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Wow, great slide show! Looks like you had a great vacation. Huge fish after huge fish. Fun!

Now how did you make that slide show?

Thanks,

FQ

TO THE FISHING QUEEN,

I SEE YOU HAVE SOME POSTS, HOWEVER I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY OF THEM, NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING ON F.M. MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU GUYS OUT IN THE HONEY HOLE TOMMOROW NIGHT.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

Thanks fishingqueen ... we had a blast. Slide show was made with Microsoft PhotoStory 3, which is free to download off of Microsoft's website. Pretty easy program to use, and fun too! Post a story if you end up doing one.

Well, you know Fishmeister, it's hard to get to the computer with RD around fish-talking. HA!

Smeds, I will for sure try that out and will for sure post a story. Fun. Thanks for the info!! You will have to come to Rainy this winter to make another movie.

Fishing Queen (yeah FQ has a funny ring)

Smeds, your trip looked great. In 2004 I stayed in the same site with our rented houseboat,but it had no sea-plane. After your video was over I was able to check out some of your big fish and the 10' ice auger,pretty cool.

Smeds,

Our family really liked your video. We try to hit Rainy a couple times a year and love it.

My wife wants to know what the name of the song and artist was you used on the video.

thanks,

ccarlson

Thanks everyone that enjoyed the slide show! Name of the artist is Clem Snide (no ... really it is), and the song title is "Moment in the Sun".

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed it. Bill from Rainy Lake Houseboats now has it up on his webpage, as well as a letter of recommendation I wrote.

that is a great slide show. We were up in june and my trip was one to remember also. Rainy lake is truly the place to be.

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted By: Smeds
Just thought I would post a link to a video story I made of our trip with Rainy Lake Houseboats last July. Awesome time, hard to put it into words! A picture says a thousand anyway! Enjoy ... Hope this works. http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/Smeds_2007/th_PhotoStory3.jpg

Hey Smeds, I got mine put together. Some fun photos of friends, RD, and I fishing to music. Hope everyone is enjoying the winter as much as we are.

Enjoy!

FishingQueen

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh123/FishingQueen8/?action=view&current=IcefishingRL_3.flv

• 7 months later...

Queen ... forgot all about this post, but liked your pictures! Vanilla Ice, however ... not my cup if you know what I mean!

Queen:

Really nice fish, but oh that weather looks way to cold for my southern soul. Winter means low 30's at night and warming up to 50's during the day.

Come on down to Georgia we fish year round but never through any ice.

Skip