Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fisherman27

Sand point?

6 posts in this topic

Hopeing to hit this area up on Friday does anyone know how the ice is in this area?

People are just starting to move out. Main bay has little ice on it still. Sand I believe has more and I heard 10" near pine point. At least that is where the rentals are moving to. I would be careful anywhere on walker bay still.

thanks, i am planning on heading up on sunday i will report when i get back.

Be careful,

Talked to a guy today that drove his wheeler out by sand point, walked another 50 feet and put his chisel through with one stab. crazy.gif

Up in that area there is 6" in some spots and 1 1/2 in some spots.

There was a Suburban down on shingabee today. That guy had a death wish... Talked to some spearers that said they were finding anywhere from 9" to a foot down there.

They are driving out by pine point, thats probably where I would go this weekend.

BE CAREFUL

do you know where about he found the thin ice? i usually go about 3/4 to 1 mile out of the Kapekoma (sp) narrows acess. hopefully it is good ice out that far.

just got back from leech. fishing was slow did manage 24 keeper perch for the three of us and released 29" pike. the ice was not the best a few slush pockets that made things a little interesting. the first spot we fished had 10", we then moved closer to the point and found only 6.5".

but still a fun day on the ice.