Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Stopping by for a day......

15 posts in this topic

I am taking a spearing trip up on Dec 26-31 to cass lake, but thinking of coming to winnie one day and spearing it.

Anyone going to be around like the 29. Let me know, maybe we can hook up.

I think I will be around there about that time.I was on little winnie on the 12th and the water was murky,you could only see about 6 feet.I hope we get more ice,I think with the ice moveing up and down it stirs up the bottem.

Hello Pikeslayer, Are you using your trailer this winter season? I don't use mine now, usually stay in the wheeled house but haven't had it out yet. Stan C. laugh.gif

The reason for the murkyness is because the dam is opened up pretty good now. lots of water flow. From what I understand, even the Bowens area is also a little murky.

Hi Stan I stayed in the motor home last week,I brought my snowblower and banked the sides up good so theres no wind blowing under it! Its nice and warm in there! I didnt get to fish very much but we did get enough for dinner.Im going back up this week and Ill be able to fish alot more!This weekend Im trying to get some more done on my wheelhouse,Its a big job when you dont know what your doing grin.gifgrin.gifTake care and be Safe!!

Thats one thing I never looked at,the dam. I was told that they dont mess with the dam much in the winter! Theres lots of things around there I dont know about,its my first season fishing in the area!

i want to go to the big lake.

Where you think i should hit it for a day of spearing????

B-n-S HighBanks resort has said a guy could go out of the birchs I beleave,and find a clear sandy bottem not to far out.I may take a look at this place sometime this week.I will post what I find when I get back!Right now Im trying to get some work done on my wheelhouse so I wont be going till about tuesday I think!

B-N-S Did you find the heaters you were looking for?

i have found one heater that im looking for, but i still need to find two more if possible.\

a really good friend of mine and co worker stayed at Highbanks Resort on opening weekend. They were VERY happy with the resort, on how they were treated and the kindness they had.

I might swing in there for a day, but forsure am going to spear on winnie for a day, just have NO CLUE where im going to go LOLOL confused.gifsmirk.gif

I stopped in at highbanks once and they were closed(late night)my shack is about 4 miles away so Im sure Ill meet them soon,It sound like a good place! I dont know what kind of heater your looking for but I have a colman model9210A that I took out of my 17foot camper/ wheelhouse.It is vented and is rated at imput 9000 btu hr-----output6300 btu hr.I tryed it and it works good. Im just a woodstove kind of guy so I took it out,much to the dislike of my fellow fisherman!

I seen your stove on the repair page I think,I dont have any like the one I said to use air and blow it out,my friends do but they wont part with them!

B-N-S, you have mail

thanks DIDO.