Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipup101

Sunfish

4 posts in this topic

I hit this lake three times last year. I got a few slimers thats about it. We marked alot of fish but couldn't get a bite... Just wondering if any one worked it at all first ice or this summer.

That lake got the three strikes you are out rule from me. Went there a few times in the summer and they say that Sakatah is the bullhead capital, doesn't hold a candle to Sunfish. Worst part was that the bullheads were all like no kidding, 6-7 inch fish and you couldn't get past them to get to anything else. I do hear though that it has good bassin on it, although I have never tried that myself. Perhaps I hit it on three bad days, but I don't know, to many other options to check out in the area to sit out there.

used dto fish it years ago lots of panfish tended to be small, hammer handle and slightly bigger northerns. Bigg crappies but scarce, This was back int eh eighties though for what it is worth.

I think it froze out in 2001 2002. But Before that we would Slay big Crappies, big Perch, few Big Sunnies, And a ton of Northerns. But scince the they have stocked it realy well you just can't catch a bite. I loved that lake back in the day Through the Ice me and Buddy in 2000 pulled out a 37.5 inch norhtern and a 6 lbs. large mouth. I won't give up on it yet. I'll give her another go....