Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iceismine

FISH LAKE

6 posts in this topic

i know a few of you fished it saturday-sorry i couldn't make it out there... a buddy and myself have been trying it for the last few days- we have mainly fished the narrow right before the main part of the lake, off of hi banks- we've had limited success, and have noticed everyone starts coming off at dark? why's this? back at home, people start fishing when it starts getting dark, but not up here, or at least this seems... so any other spots to suggest, and why does everyone come off so early?

Stained water means lack of a night bite. 1hour after dark at most for me.

iceismine,

The number one reason I can think of about coming off just before dark would be. If your on a lake where there are pockets of slush or standing water such as Fish Lake it's a good plan to get an early start off that body of water. It's much easier to see any hazards during periods of light.

I also think you would see more traffic on the lake later at night if more people were able to get their permanent shacks out.

As far as giving you more ideas on where to fish. Are you on foot? Wheeler or Snow Machine? I've talked to a few people that have had luck in the narrows. I just talked to a guy tonight about the narrows and what he was catching when he came off at High Banks.

I've seen and heard of the Walleye bite going flat around 4:00 pm for some reason. Try to get out of the narrows closer to airplane island or Crappie village if your looking for a later Crappie bit.

Hope that helps.

i figured the water clarity must have a large impact. back at home in the st. cloud area, most of our lakes are pretty clear, and super clear during winter, usually seeing 10-15 ft down. so far, we're on foot, since my buddy and i are both students. a couple of nights ago as we walked up we stopped and talked to a few guys that were outside the bar, and they gave us a few more ideas of where to fish, such as pontoon bay? i've been up here for the last couple of years and i'm finally getting the chance to fish quite a bit, but with not much success, but that's fishing. i plan on getting out tomorrow again and maybe trying a different spot

Quote:

I've seen and heard of the Walleye bite going flat around 4:00 pm for some reason. Try to get out of the narrows closer to airplane island or Crappie village if your looking for a later Crappie bit.

what do you mean by airplane island or crappie village?

Stop in at hi-banks and see tim he will lead you in the wright direction smirk.gif We all stop there to help him out just ask him where I have been and you will be on fish smile.gif.