Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cartway

New thread on east end ice.

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone been taking permanent houses out on the ice from McKinnely? Is there any kind of road for truck or 4 wheeler to take a 8x10 house out from McKinnley? Is the ice beyond 6inches thick yet? Thank you for any, all information!!

I do not think that there are any roads plowed out of McKinley yet.

Still plenty of slush spots out there! mad.gif

I fished on 8" of ice by Birch Island this morning, but there is no guarantee what the ice is like inbetween.

Cliff

Yes of course, no guarantees and I did my unplanned swimming this time of year 20 or so years ago without plans to repeat. Will be out friday and will post an update sometime next week. Thanks

I was out there on Tues the 11th and had 6 inches of good clear ice. There is slush in places though. Some 4 wheelers have some so so roads plowed and I saw a couple of permanent houses. The closer you get towards Pike bay the less ice you will probably have due to current. NO CARS or TRUCKS YET. Funny it seems we aren't making the ice one would expect with the cold we've had. Good luck and be careful.