Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipup101

Lake Zumbro

4 posts in this topic

Whats the ice like if anyone knows. Looking to head out there Friday if its good. What end does a guy start at the Ponderosa or Fishermans Inn. I hate learning new lakes. Any help would be great!

tipup,

The Zumbro is a scary one to learn via ice. Knowing the current flows, and channels are nice as with that knowledge you also know where the thin ice may be.

I've only heard 2nd hand that people have ventured out of Grandpa Eds, spudding every step. I don' think they made it far, but they did fish according to my source.

The middle of the lake seems to be the place everybody wants to get to, but it's also the toughest as there is no easy way to get there, and it's a long walk from whichever angle you come from.

bump

I have not ventured out there yet, but I've heard the ice is looking pretty good. There is some 4-wheeler travel out there and I think some of the smaller perm shacks are in their traditional areas.

Friday, Sat, and Sunday will be my maiden voyages out there.