Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel man

overnight ice house rentals

5 posts in this topic

I was thinking of taking my dad somewhere for a 2 night ice fishing trip and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a sleeping shack rental with great fishing.Whether it's walleye,pike,crappie or whatever.Just looking to give him a good Christmas present.Thanks for any help.

It would be quite a drive and I'm sure others will give you MN locations, but I would suggest Devils Lake, ND. If you can't get the walleyes or perch to cooperate you can always find action on the pike with tip ups. You could ask over on the North Dakota forum about ideas. Last year I stayed at Woodland Resort. It wasn't a guided trip, but I know they have packages available.

Andy

I might suggest Upper Red Lake always walleye to be had, also great Northerns and then there are the slab crappies... I know a nice cheap place just a few minutes off the lake if you are looking for that otherwise check out the URL forum and look for kelly or jonny p

I'm like a broken record on this but, Upper Red is the way to go. Great fishing, great lake.I keep a sleeper up there and my friends used Portavilla last year.Very nice shacks with good prices. Google them and you should find the info you need.Otherwise try Rogers CG and check thier rental link.Good luck.

I would like to third URL, I have fished up there every year for the past 6 or so years with the exception of last year. A couple of the years we went twice. I have stayed with different resorts with different results, so I really won't give any reccomendations, but there are plenty to choose from.