Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CommonSense Guy

Pheasants and Ice?

6 posts in this topic

Heading up to Lake Mary this weekend. Wondering what they reports are for the area. I'm going no matter what but just looking for some positive feedback to help get me through the week. Anyone finding birds in the area. Also,

how is the ice on Mary?

Ice is in real good condition, obviously stay away from the moving water. If you're going for walleye good luck. I think the thousands and thousands that were removed this spring have really hurt the lake. Pan fish are biting but are on the small side.

One positive there are lots and lots of birds! It took me a whole 15min to shoot my limit on state land last Saturday.

Good luck.

Yea I heard that year class was hot. All about 15 inches and they couldn't keep them out of the boat.

Well it should be fun. Probably won't be too many guys out busting cattails

Actually there was a tournament out there this spring and they had to be 15". Put it this way there weren't many fish weighed in. That's funny you heard 15" fish because most of them were 13.5" - 14". Just goes to show ya people still can't measure fish.

Good luck hunting. As for people I think most people have hung it up for the season. I only seen one other guy.

Quote:

One positive there are lots and lots of birds! It took me a whole 15min to shoot my limit on state land last Saturday.

PieEyed, where around alex was the state ground you hit? I just got home from college in ND and was looking for a little late season action.

Honestly, I had two buddies North of town, one East, two South and I happened to be out to the West and we all had our limits. I recommend you just go for a drive, based off what my buddies said you should be able to find a better spot than I was on. They jumped groups of 50 birds. Good luck