Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
berfish

Bald Eagle Ice Conditions?

14 posts in this topic

Anyone been out past the weed island? I saw a post a week ago about guys just getting to the weed island. Going out tomorrow after work. Any info would be appriciated. Thanks.

Sunday I fished the north end and found 5-6". I did run into some spots with lots of slush under the snow. I also saw some sled and wheeler tracks. The snow and slush made pulling the gear out brutal!

the ice is thick enough where they're taking 4 wheelers out on the lake. there is a little bit of slush between the ice and snow, so be careful. was out on it this afternoon, but helping the other half's parents do some things, so didn't get a chance to freeze a line. That's the up to date info.....

Just what I was looking for. Thanks guys.

Anyone out as far as Cigar Island??

Thanks in advance.

Whats the scoop with the house on the island? I heard stifler baught that island for his dad... how sweet would that be to live on that island?

the house is up for sale and when sold, the owner will be moving to Hawaii. Stifler never bought the house for his dad. Some older guy has it for now.

I saw a few guys out there yesterday... dont know how they did though.

there's usually a group out by the reed bed.

I was out to the west and north of the weed island. There were about 10 shacks between the weed island and Cigar island. I got two little 'eyes' from 4-6pm in 17ft of water. Didn't get to where I wanted to go...hand auger was too dull to get holes right on the spot. Also the heater had a broken thermocouple so the heat kept shutting off. I had about 6.5inches of ice. Some spots had great clear ice and others had about 3inches of slush on top. Not much for tracks out where I was. Usually there is a city where I was at.

I HEADING OUT FOR 1ST TIME ON SAT. JUST WONDERING IF I SHOULD BRING THE 4WHEELER . IS ANYBODY USEING SLED'S OR WHEELERS. HOWS THE ICE BY THE BIG SAND BAR OFF THE ISLAND. ANY1 BEEN OVER BY THERE? THANKS SEE YOU ON THE ICE

I was out there wednesday evening.. i was off reed island in 21 ft of water with 5 inches of inch.. there was 4 wheelers and snowmobiles heading in and out.. there is a road out to reed island.. Im sure saturday there will be a town out there!!

THANKS FOR THE REPORT. YOU SAVED ME FROM A HEART ATTACK.

WELL I GOT OUT FOR 1ST TIME YESTERDAY. TOOK 4WHEELER AND TRAILOR OUT TO REED ISLAND. PLENTY OF GOOD ICE. FISHED FROM 3:30 - 8:30 IN 19FEET ONLY CAUGHT 2 LITTLE EYES ABOUT 5PM THEN NOT A BIT AFTER THAT. PEOPLE WERE FISHING EVERYWHERE ON THE LAKE BUT DIDNT SEE 4WHEELER TRACKS OUT PAST THE ISLAND WHERE I WANTED TO GO BUT I'M NOT BLAZEING A NEW TRAIL. IM A FOLLOWER NOT A LEADER