Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigyooper

night bite on red

6 posts in this topic

we are thinking of heading up on Friday night for a few hours, has anyone fished URL at night? I am looking for Craps, eyes or pout. thanks,

I never have, but i read this site religously. From everything I have ever read you can expect to catch fish at anytime of day on Red. If it didnt cost $75.00 a gallon I would be out of the concrete jungle and fishing there this weekend.

I fished the other night way into the dark hours and the fishing was steady.

Now remember Red always was a night crappie bite until the last couple of seasons they went little more towards daytime...depending on snow cover and ice conditions we could be back to a solid night bite again this year.

I live for that night bite! Around 6 o'clock it's game on!We've gone up to Red for a few years now and last year decided to go to Devil's Lake instead, (in January). Boy what a difference. The night time when I get most excited everything shuts right down there. Really tough to get used to. Back to Red this year...

The Night bite is just as good as the day, sometimes better in spots...Not many northen at night...but the cappies and waldos are great at night...good luck

Every time I have stayed on RED those pesky walleyes wink.gif would bite all night. Every time we tried to lay down we would hear a rattle reel. This went on about every 15minutes. My girl wanted to sleep so I had a good night pulling up fish that were to large to keep.

Needless to say I like fishing Red anytime of the day or night.

Enjoy your trip and remember to do business with the local establishments.