Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JConrad

Gull lake Ice

4 posts in this topic

I tried pulling my portable out onto Gull this afternoon... South end of the lake just below Squaw Point on the west side. I worked my way out about 50 yards... Found about 1 inch of frozen slush on top with about 2 incues of water below the frozen slush and then 2 to 5 inches of ice below the water... Conditions are still not very good. We need the water above the good ice to freeze. At about 50 yards out I started breaking through the top layer of prozen slush...Not a good feeling..

Also two snowmobiles crossed the lake last night just south of Squaw Point from the west side near the old Gull Lake resort... Pretty crazy if you ask me!

We just need more really cold weather...

Also someone is fishing right off Squaw point this evening and not far from shore...

Any other Gull ice reports?

saw a guy on hole in the day yesterday. he was right in front of the boat ramp

Activity has been pretty limited so far on Gull. Besides you Joel I've only talked to a few others that have went out there. Sounds pretty similar to your experience. I think it is going to be a long slow process this winter. I think we need to make the best of it and be safe.

Jason Erlandson

Agree Jason.... need to be safe and it is going to take some time for Gull to really freeze up.. Good news is it looks like it is going to stay cold for some time.