Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
not_nuf_time

Strikemaster auger?

5 posts in this topic

I have about a 15+ year old Strikemaster auger. My fuel line leaks at the tank where the nipple pushes through the plastic. Ive had leaking problems here many times, can I go up to Strikemaster corp in Big lake and pickup a new fuel tank and line to the carburator? Now it looks like the tank has started to erode or disintigrate away where the nipple comes out.

The fuel line will lose its elasticity and become brittle.

That fuel line acts as a gasket and seals itself between the tank and fitting.

Replace the fuel line and you should be good to go.

Thanks Surface, I just put in a new one(fuel line) two years ago, now it looks like from some seepage or heat in the garage attic over the summer that the opening where nipple is, is melting in.

I wonder if the replacement fuel line reacted with the plastic tank?

Try a fuel line from SM, they seem to be thicker walled.

They might carry the tank still too.

I'll try calling them, thanks.