Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Beaver Lake

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone been to beaver lake yet? Whats the ice like?

What kind of fish does that lake produce? I heard it was decent for northerns, but are there any pannies or walleyes worth going after?

Never fished it before thats why i was wondering, but i think its pretty much just pike and a few panfish lake but i dont know. I just want to try it out i have drove by it a few times.

I fished the lake a few times this summer and I mostly caught sunnies and bass. The sunnies are mostly smaller but I have gotten some real nice ones out of there. The bass is what I mainly go there for. I have also been wondering how the ice is because I am hoping on heading out there soon.

Quote:

What kind of fish does that lake produce? I heard it was decent for northerns, but are there any pannies or walleyes worth going after?

Not much of a walleye lake. Decent panfish with lots of sorting. On tip ups you'll catch a mixed bag of bass and pike with both running pretty decent. When I first fished this lake I'd take my kids there and we set up on the the break fishing panfish with tip ups up shallow. Lots of action!

Still a good action lake.

Have you been out there yet or know what the ice is like?

I checked Beaver today, about 3 inches of clear ice and 3-4 inches of bad ice(slush frozen). There was somebody with a 4 wheeler out there. Crazy if you ask me.

Quote:

I checked Beaver today, about 3 inches of clear ice and 3-4 inches of bad ice(slush frozen). There was somebody with a 4 wheeler out there. Crazy if you ask me.

great plenty of ice for a wheeler

Dang, i was hopin for at least 6 inches, guess ill be goin to grand instead, im not a huge fan of that slush crap thats always on top.

What kind of ice does Grand have?

There is slush on almost all of the lakes in various spots. You just cant get away from that when the snow to ice ratio is what it is. might be froze up this weekend though. The temps sure dropped last night.