Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

School Section

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone fished here before, is it a lake worth trying and what are the ice conditions. Thanks

im not sure i know what lake your talking about

ITs just north of Kimball right off of 15, i looked on lake finder and looks like a lake to try out just wanted to see if anyone has been out there ice conditions etc.

i have heard the lake freezes out because of how shallow it is, i guess it would be worth a try if it isnt been fished for that reason because i dont think it has been in a while?

ITs 10-12 feet deep, wouldnt think it would freeze out that bad. But if anyone knows anything some info would be great

I know some guys n I caught a few crappies last year out there but nothing with any size. Good luck

Had some huge crappies in it in the early 90's (man I'm getting old). I think it froze out and I haven't been there since. Worth a try? Every good "hot bit" starts with one guy catching a fish.

Thanks for all the help guys, ill probably head out there during the xmas break as long as there is some safe ice out.

i know someone that fished it a few years ago and did extemely well fishing with tipups for nords. they werent hall hangers, good for eating-smoking-pickling. i did see a few of the fillets, id say 2to 3 1/2lbers.i have a brotherinlaw that lives close, he doesnt say anything about it but that dont mean nuttin.

to clear this up, yes school section did freeze out about five years ago but not completely. It was opened to permiscuous fishing that year. In the past it has been a good lake for some real nice northerns, bass, and crappies. fished It a few times last year without great success, caught some crappies but there small. hope this helps guys

It occasionally is a good crappie and bluegill lake. However, when the bite is on this lake gets raped and isn't worth a darn for many years. Good luck.

Ill be trying it out sometime this winter, so far things havent been going great so any lake is worth a shot

I was out today, pretty good ice 7-10 inches, fishing wasnt the greatest for myself. Marked a lot and got a few bites but all very small. Talked to a few other guys and they got there limit of pike, all nice eaters.