Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PiKeGuY101

Know of any good Metro Perch lakes???

8 posts in this topic

I was looking for a good perch lake in the west or south Metro, need some where to go other than making the drive to Mille Lacs... Any ideas? (not looking for a honey hole or anything just some where to start looking!)

I don't target perch around the metro very often and haven't found big ones with any consistency. Independence has been the best for me, and I catch lots of small ones on Waconia. If I had any better suggestions I'd let you know. Good luck.

i agree. you arent going to find too many lakes in the metro with a consistent large perch bite.

If you find them on prior they tend to be pretty nice size. Not a huge population by any means but there are some big perch in Prior. I would start on upper prior, maybe Martinson's island area??

ive gotten into big perch a few times on spring lake ice fishing on the fronts side of hunters point.... nice deep hole out there about 30 feet.

If you want just numbers go to Calhoun. You could catch them all day but they are only 5-6 inches.

Hey thanks guys that will at least give me a starting point - I am going to try and hit Prior this coming Sunday. I've lived in MN for 5 years and always say I going to try it and never have - I think its time! How are the eyes out there?

Martinson Island is in Lower Prior Lake, Upper Prior is the south end by Spring Lake. It's a common mistake but the perch are still there.