Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burnham

lake george

8 posts in this topic

anyone know any good spots on lake george in east bethel? i havent ice fished it before, but i would like to add it to the couple of lakes that i ice fish until the rum river gets enough ice ..any advice helpful..also any other good lakes or spots in the anoka/st francis would help out too

thanks, Ryan B

lake george will be a waste of your time ... unless you enjoy the sound of snowmobiles cruising by your shack ... try green lake if you want any action this early ice season.

if you find them, crappies will come threw in big school's. Hit or miss, but some shcools hold large crappies. Like said above, I would try Coon Lake or Linwood before going to lake George, but this early ice is some of the best time of the year to be out on ice.

Good luck

thanks, yea i know it is more of a recreational lake than anything, but its so close to my house, im only 15 so i dont have my license yet, my parents dont fish so im limited as to where i am able to go..i know coon is close so maybe i'll see if i can go there or any of the other lakes you guys have listed. once again thanks

I was out at Linwood tonite and got out there around 4pm and stayed until 8pm .... we caught about 15 crappies and 3 walleyes ... the biggest crappies being 9'' and the biggest walleye , well at least brough up through the hole , was 14''. The ice was 4-5'' thick and we ended up with about an inch or two of water in our icehouse when the night ended ... The darn icehouse froze to the lake and it took 20 minutes to get it loose... but decent early ice action ... will be back again. btw all fish caught on crappie minnows on green glow jigs at 13ftw.

My neighbor fished George last year with tip ups. Set them up in 15 ft and got flags all morning. Lot's of Northern to be caught there, but don't know about anything else. I am close to George so my neighbor and I might try it next weekend for something different and easy.

I just moved to a house on Lake George so I am planning on fishing it quite a bit this year. The neighbors mentioned it has been kind of slow the last couple of years. But since I can drive the wheeler out of the garage and right onto the lake I might as well give it a shot.

ok, thanks guys.i gave crooked a try last weekend, caught a couple of sunnies but no crappies,still fun though. im going to try and get out on george in the next 2 weekends.