Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StrangeBrew

First time with wheeled house

3 posts in this topic

I am looking for some advice or comments about bringing my wheeled house to some of the Northern Resorts listed on the website for Mille Lacs. I have an old camper I have converted and this is the fist season to test it out.

Some of my questions are.

When you pay an access fee to a resort, does anyone know of a resort that would have side roads plowed to set up on?

If you tell them you are coming for the weekend, will they plow a spot for you?

Will the resort let you venture off of their road?

Any other suggestions on how to get off the main road?

I don’t have a plow on my truck, so my only other options appear to be bringing a snow blower or a good ole shovel.

I know these are very general questions and may change resort to resort but I am hoping some of you have good info regarding the resorts listed on this site. Last year with no snow I saw houses being pulled all over the lake but with the early snow, that may not be possible this year.

Thank you

just bring a shovel you can go anywhere you want after your on the lake last year we drive acrost the lake. some places will plow lanes off the road. some places will plow for $ to where you want to go.

I would check with some of the resorts like appeldorns most all will get u out there safe. U can buy a season road pass at most all resorts that cater to ice fishing nice plowed roads and bridges over cracks and heaves. Good luck finding the right one for You.