Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johtral

fishing report

9 posts in this topic

anybody got an up to date fishing report.

Ryan caught 3 pike yesterday fishing for walleye in 6 feet of water?All between 32 and 38 inches.Kirk caught a 31 inch pike also fishing in 6 feet of water for walleye.His first ever fish through the ice.Jeff's guys did well for walleye in 7 feeet of water but had a tough time catching any under 17 inches.Tylers guy did well in front of the river for walleye and moved to another area away from the river and did poorly?

Ryan caught 3 pike yesterday fishing for walleye in 6 feet of water?All between 32 and 38 inches.Kirk caught a 31 inch pike also fishing in 6 feet of water for walleye.His first ever fish through the ice.Jeff's guys did well for walleye in 7 feeet of water but had a tough time catching any under 17 inches.Tylers guy did well in front of the river for walleye and moved to another area away from the river and did poorly?

Cookie

Are you getting ready for us? I think Minimite is going to leave the pretty red ford home this year so he does'nt have to call you in the middle of the night to get pulled out or maybe he should just leave the bottle at home. I don't think that's going to happen. laugh.giflaugh.gif

i was out last weekend on sat. Walked out for eyes...we got some and I hooked a nice pike about 38". we didnt catch anything until we went shallower around 7'...caught more than 75% on glow orange.

Went out last night and did great on the walleyes. Mostly rattling varmits in red or white and jigging demons. Funny thing was we maybe caught 15-20 walleye waiting for the crappies to show up and every walleye was a keeper, not one fish in the throw back slot.

That sounds like really good news on the walleyes. Sooooo, did you guys get any crappies? Also, how far out were you?

was up almost 2 weeks ago and we really didnt catch fish deeper than that 7' mark, I heard they are moving deeper... true or should I stay that shallow still?

It you want to have better chance at the crappies I would go deeper, say 10 feet or more, walleyes I would stay at the six-seven mark for awhile yet.

Of course yo will catch walleye all over the lake so why not go deeper and go for the bonanza?