Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ndoutdrs

Need Franklin and Lizzie Ice report, PLEASE

9 posts in this topic

I am interested in the ice depth and conditions on Franklin and Lizzie. Thank you.....

My brother is out on Franklin right now. He said theres a good 7" of ice, but your holes flood pretty quick though. He said there isn't very much slush under the snow.

Walleye dan, thank you for the post.

As my brother pointed out the ice is a good seven inches with alot of snow on top, we weren't off shore to far though. When we were leaving a guy, on a 4-wheeler asked how much ice so we told him. He drove right out into the middle of the lake without stopping and checking the ice out there but he made it 500 yards out. He was more trusting of the ice than I was.

Teeth --

Guys like that are (Contact us)!

Hey, that was me shocked.gif.

I've been out fishing on Lizzie once.. two years ago.. The ice looked alright and there was a few people out there... there was like a foot of ice but it was flooding and some areas were only 4-5 inches and those areas would flood like crazy.... be carefull out there.....I have no Idea how much ice is out there.. but It's prolly not the safest yet.. I would give it awhile... I would rather fish other lakes that aren't questionable like this one.... but then again I'm not a brave as some are on some lakes... good luck

tb

what is lake lizzies ice depth and are the holes flooding at all

i dont know havent been out there yet, but i woul imagine that it is flooding... with all the snow i dont think any lakes in the area arnt flodding.