Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleye_dan

Star Lake Ice

9 posts in this topic

Anybody ventured out on the West Arm of Star Lake? I was thinking about heading out on Saturday and I was wondering how much ice is out there.

Thanks

Walleye Dan

I haven't yet but I might see you there am either going to go to OT or Star I havn't made my mind up yet!!!

I have a place on star and would think the ice would be

somewhat decent off of beaver dam road if you can get over

the drifts. The access on that side of the lake to

me is pretty spooky and most of the time someone plows off

of beaver dam road and seems pretty decent. Sure would like

to try it out there but havent made it up yet. Trying to get ahold of few people on the lake to see what they know

Thanks for the tips. I think I am going for a drive tonight or tomorow to check Star and a couple other area lakes.

was wondering if you made it by Star to see how she looked.

Hopefully with the cold it has helped the ice conditions. Also has anyone been by East or West lost?

Never made it out fishing, but I took a drive over by the West Arm on Friday. There was one portable on the west side of the bridge and 4 or 5 permanents on the east side. I didn't drill a hole, but below the slush, the ice looked good.

I was out on the west arm Sat. It was scary. Some places had 6 to 8 inches and others 2 to 4 inches. The 2 to 4 inches was mostly snow mixed with ice. I couldn't believe with how cold it has been hoe thin the ice is. My 4 wheeler went through in the cattails. My ice pick went right through when I punched it. If you go out be careful!!!!

I did catch a limit of 10 sunfish.

I wonder if the South Arm is any better? Usually quite a few

venture out from that side. Sure would like to try it this weekend but I am not the type that likes to explore dangerous things. Hopefully there is some big house out there and they have knocked down the drifts off the road so

a person can get on the lake.

Was wondering if anyone ventured out on Star this past weekend. I was wondering if the ice is thick enough for

a wheel house by next weekend.