Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MMS3rd

Ice house?

6 posts in this topic

It sounds funny, but I have always said "ice house." Sounds like an igloo. Anyway, can I get some recommendations on some lakes that have houses for rent, either day use with a room on land or a sleeper. My son just turned 18 and it is high time he experience some ice fishing. Thanks a lot.

Mike (after cruising the web, "ice house" seems to be the correct term....see what happens when you leave the land of a million lakes for too long!)

Arrowwood has "ice house" rentals and put them right in front of the hotel.

Head of The Lakes Resort in Osakis have sleepers on lake Osakis, for rent. Not sure what they charge but you can give them a jingle.

Mike: One of the resorts on the Glenwood side of "waska" use to have houses out. And as the other posters indicated both Head of the Lakes and Arrowwood have rental houses. But, I do not think anyone has their permanent rental houses out yet, once the ice is a little safer I would guess they will start putting them out.

Hunt's resort is the Glenwood resort on 'waska

Thanks. I'll check some of these out. It has been too many years since I spent any time around Alexandria-Glenwood. Living in Kansas has put a crimp in my ice fishing. Mike