Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cat-man

walker bay

11 posts in this topic

any info on the ice out there

Not good. As far as I can tell there has been no travel of any kind yet.

RATS, is the ice out there just crap from the snow. o ya its snowing AGAIN mad.gif

It might be a while before you can fish Walker Bay with all of this snow. It had only been ice covered for a couple of days before it hit. I have heard of a couple people trying different parts of the main lake with up to six inches. However this was before the snow, someone I know was going to give a couple places a try this morning, so I will report back if I hear anything positive.

thanks for the reply, let me know if u here of any good news.

There has been some traffic on the west side out towards Sand Point. As far as the rest of the lake it is hard to tell, but I have no seen anyone out there yet. Im guessing there will be more signs of life this weekend.

any new ice reports

theres 8-10inches in walker bay had 2-3 inches of snow last night walleye bite is outstanding from about 3pm to 5pm. houses are starting to show up. sand point had 8- to 10 also but always be careful and check area out first

What kind of structure do the walleyes relate to in walker bay. I've caught some on the humps but I haven't tried anywhere else. Do they relate to shoreline structure as well?

Thanks

Joe

chuckster, got any new info for me. thinkin about trying to get out there soon thanks.

i was out there yesterday, fishing was slow. only managed a few jumbos. still a few slush pockets. my dads brand new house got destroyed coming in, it is on skis and the front corner got hooked and broke the back off the bottom which caused the canvas to rip all the way up the side. so that was not so fun. we fished out by sand point.