Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinman

Norway

16 posts in this topic

Anyone fishing Norway yet? Ice?

my brother was out there last night and he said there was 7 to 8 inches where he was fishing.

saw a car on sunday out on norway! what is he thinking?

got that beat.....

out there last night mannaged three crappies and a 8 in. walleye...but my night was complete when i saw a smaller pickup with a fourwheeler in the back come off the ice... and full size truck doing about 20 go onto the ice....just watched and couldn't believe what we were seing

Do people seriously have a DEATH WISH??? Let's at least be a little sensible out there!! We have enough accidents yealy, These type of people are the ones a pray for!! blush.gif

I was out there Friday evening and Saturday. There was 8.5

inches where I fished. It was good, but there were some

slushy spots. A wheeler, ok, but trucks, you have to be crazy. The fishing wasn't fast and furious either.

Was out there tonight and walked out from the parents cabin not sure how much ice there was. LONG WALK there was full size vehicles out but wanted to see for my self. 15" of Good solid ice where I was any way. 1 small Crappie. Next time I'll drive.

Is anyone having any luck out there? I was out most of the afternoon and evening on Saturday without any luck. I'd just like to know if I'm the only one or just doing something wrong. Thanks

Fished up on Norway on the 7th and 8th of Dec. Friday night we walked out there, bout 2 hours worth of walkin. Once we got out there found anywhere from 8-12" of ice. With all the ATV's and sleepers out there we decided to drive out on Saturday and it was fine. Although we had a little 4 cylinder pickup that doesn't weigh a hair more than a ATV sleeper combo. Got alot of criticism for it but was alot better than walking 2 hours both ways! Fishing was descent with only about a 1 1/2 hour time slot, 4:30-6:00pm. Nothing before and nothing after. Caught everything from 6-10" eyes, smaller sunnies, a couple descent largemouths and even a few smaller crappies. Nothing with size, but definitely made our time worth it.

Hey jensens, Is this the same Scott I know???

If so this is your cousin Jesse and welcome to this web-site! You'll find a ton of helpful info if you search around for it. Gonna try Norway myself in a few hours today I'm thinkin. Let ya know how we did later.

There is a pretty big village that has developed on Norway. The fishing has since slowed way down. You can still catch a few crappies and walleyes but they are very small and you have to work pretty hard to get those even. I'm moving my house to a different lake today. I get claustrophobic with that many houses that close to me. grin.gif

Fished Norway yesterday. Fish were hard to come by. Managed a 26" pike on a tip-up and a 21" walleye on a jig and fathead combo. Fished next to others we knew. They were catching a few smaller eyes. Ice thickness varied greatly. Where we were it was 14 inches a hundred yards away less then 10. So be careful. People were driving full sized trucks out though. Fished in 10.7 feet of water.

-Leech

sure is Jesse! I had an account on here back in high school but its been quite a few years since I've used this, so I had started up a new one. Yeah, Jordan and I stopped up to the Green Mill to see ya after fishin, but they said you hadn't worked there in a couple of months. Maybe we'll have to get together and go fishing sometime.

Hey, Scott, awesome! Yea, I only work part time at the Mill now. I have a nice Monday thru Friday job now. Yes, we'll have to hit the ice sometime here soon.

Hey Jesse, Jordan and I are heading up tomorrow morning to fish up there somewhere. Haven't exactly figured out for sure where we're going to try. Maybe Long, Florida or somewhere else. Hoping to be set up a little after one. You'll have to give us a call if you plan on doing any fishing tomorrow or just wanna know what's up with fishin. Either way we'll be out there. Give us a call. 507-430-0501

Have to work tomorrow frown.gif Sorry.

I plan on hitting a lake on Saturday though. Probably give you a call tomorrow afternoon to see how ya guys are doing.

Good Luck!