Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
katofishingguy

Anyone heading out Friday

19 posts in this topic

I plan on heading out somewhere in the Washington/Madison areas friday as I dont have to work. Hope the snow coming Thurs doesn't mess things up. Anyone elese want to meet up or tag along let me know.

I think I will be heading out to Washington on Friday as well. I was looking for someone to go with me today, but couldn't find anyone. I have been out on Washington twice now and I know of a couple of spots we don't have to try, haha. TO says to go shallow, so maybe that is key. I don't think the snow will mess anything up there was 6" everywhere I went today, one gut even had a wheeler out. Only stumbled onto a couple of areas with slush, other than that the ice is solid and hard. Anyways shoot me an email and maybe we can find them together. Phillburg@hotmail.com

Sent you an e-mail

If anyone else wants to join up I think katofishguy and myself are planning on meeting at westwood landing at 7 AM, targeting pannies.

Phil, give me till next saturday and we can get some slabs. Finals will be rough, but I will be all done on Friday and will be hitting the ice saturday.

I just might be there but it won't be until ~8:00 am.

Hey T.O. I will keep an eye open for you hope you can make it.

Yup, I'll be there. Start looking ~8:00 am. grin.gif

Possibly around 8. Will have to run to Reel fishing first.

I'm usually somewhere every Fri. at least.

Right on Lonnie! I need to pick up some wax worms on the way down. Not sure where I'll stop.

I think the plan is to start by the narrows in some of the shallower water over that way away from the crowds that will be mud bay. If that doesn't pan out we are going to wing it. But look for us to be in that spot at 8 still

Good fishing with you guys this morning and early afternoon. grin.gif

Same here Jamison.Nice to meet You Phil and Lonnie hope to fish with you all again some time.

Lonnie and Phil,

Let us know how the fish were. smirk.gif

Ok, nice thank you's and such, HOW WAS THE FISHING???? Do I need to take a drive up?

Great hooking up guys! Sure was great to hit the hard water again. I can feel the fishing fever comm'in on. I'm sure the fish will be great, seemed really slimmy cleaning them. Glad I didn't keep the sheephead.

As for the report, After figuring out that a guy needs to exercise WELL before you can get on the ice, We (TO)put alot of holes in the ice from 5-12 ft. Finding fish more confined to a specific areas around 11ft. From what I seen for a short time, the biting fish where around 2-4 off the bottom. Shutting down around 10am. All in all, the bite I would say was average for Washington at best. The size of the crappies were on the small side and only a few nice sunnies.

Lesson learned on the first outting of the year: Exercise(yeah right laugh.gif), Vex battieries must be good for around 4 yrs, carry elec. kit, get the snowmobile running and don't catch fish if TO has a camera. Oh yeah, nix the Idea of a smaller portable as auger will fall out grin.gif

Great day. Any time you want to hook up Phil or Brian, look me up.

Yeah it was great to meet you all. I am sure I will be hitting the hard water a lot over the winter. Maybe I will just have to make a post to see if anyone wants to go b/c it seems like people are always will to meet up and from what I saw today, you guys are really nice people. Too bad the fish couldn't cooperate. I think I might need to try a different lake tomorrow, although that might be an adventure in itself, seems like I usually stick to Washington b/c I can always get on top of the fish. Out of the 3 times that I have been out there seems like a change in lake is needed. Anyways nice to meet and fish with you all and we will have to do it again in the near future. Maybe I will see you guys on Wednesday if my finals schedule allows me to.

Ya a change sometimes does alot of good, proven fact tonight.

I went away from a lake I normally fish to "try something else" and man did it pay off, I fished for an hour and came home with a mixed bag af Pannies, Only kept 10, probably caught another 20 plus. What a way to start a new year on the hard water.

I think by trying a new lake I did not have my "Blinders" on and only go to hot spots which somedays aren't so hot.

Looking forwards to tomorrow morning after I go to work here shortly.

Where's my auger? grin.gif